Fitness Assessments are provided free of charge to members of the Student Recreation Center in order to help them evaluate their current fitness levels. The comprehensive fitness appraisal includes tests to determine resting heart rate, blood pressure, body composition, aerobic capacity, muscular strength, muscular endurance, and flexibility. Fitness Assessments are required for all new personal training clients to assist the trainers in the design of safe, effective and individualized fitness programs that will help each client to meet their health and fitness goals.
Fitness Assessments are offered:
- Monday – Friday
- Assessments take 25-30 minutes
- Appointments are required.
- Failure to arrive at the scheduled time will result in the forfeiture of the appointment.
Scheduling an appointment:
Please contact Lauren Davis, Fitness Coordinator, Davis_Lauren1@ColumbusState.edu.
Pre-Fitness Assessment Instructions:
1. Refrain from consuming food, alcohol, or caffeine or using tobacco products within 3 hours of testing.
2. Clothing should permit freedom of movement and include walking or running shoes.
3. Continue normal medication regimen so that the exercise responses will be consistent with responses expected during exercise training.
4. Drink ample fluids over the 24-hour period preceding the fitness assessment to ensure normal hydration before testing.
5. Avoid significant exertion or exercise on the day of the assessment. It is important to be well rested for the assessment.